TPS54360BDDAR Electronic parts new integrated circuits IC
|Category||Integrated Circuits (ICs)
Voltage Regulators - DC DC Switching Regulators
|Package||Tape & Reel (TR)
Cut Tape (CT)
|Topology||Buck, Split Rail||
|Number of Outputs||1||
|Voltage - Input (Min)||4.5V||
|Voltage - Input (Max)||60V||
|Voltage - Output (Min/Fixed)||0.8V||
|Voltage - Output (Max)||58.8V||
|Current - Output||3.5A||
|Frequency - Switching||100kHz ~ 2.5MHz||
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ 150°C (TJ)||
|Mounting Type||Surface Mount||
|Package / Case||8-PowerSOIC (0.154", 3.90mm Width)||
|Supplier Device Package||8-SO PowerPad||
|Base Product Number||TPS54360||
A switching regulator is a voltage regulator that uses a switching element to transform the incoming power supply into a pulsed voltage, which is then smoothed using capacitors, inductors, and other elements.
Power is supplied from the input to the output by turning ON a switch (MOSFET) until the desired voltage is reached.
Once the output voltage reaches the predetermined value the switch element is turned OFF and no input power is consumed.
Repeating this operation at high speeds makes it possible to supply voltage efficiently and with less heat generation.
Features for the TPS54360B
- 4.5-V to 60-V (65-V Abs Max) Input Range
- 3.5-A Continuous Current, 4.5-A Minimum Peak Inductor Current Limit
- Current Mode Control DC/DC Converter
- 92-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
- High Efficiency at Light Loads with Pulse Skipping Eco-mode™
- Low Dropout at Light Loads with Integrated BOOT Recharge FET
- 146-µA Operating Quiescent Current
- 2-µA Shutdown Current
- 100-kHz to 2.5-MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
- Internal Soft Start
- Accurate Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Thermal, Overvoltage, and Frequency Foldback Protection
- 0.8 V 1% Internal Voltage Reference
- 8-Pin HSOIC with PowerPAD™ Package
- –40°C to 150°C TJ Operating Range
- Create a Custom Design using the TPS54360B with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Description for the TPS54360B
The TPS54360B is a 60-V, 3.5-A, step-down regulator with an integrated high side MOSFET. Current mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low ripple pulse skip mode reduces the no-load supply current to 146 µA. Shutdown supply current is reduced to 2 µA when the enable pin is pulled low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can be increased using the enable pin. The output voltage start-up ramp is internally controlled to provide a controlled start-up and eliminate overshoot.
A wide switching-frequency range allows either efficiency or external component size to be optimized. Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protect internal and external components during an overload condition.
The TPS54360B is available in an 8-pin thermally enhanced HSOIC PowerPAD™ package.